What is proofreading?
Proofreading is your “fresh pair of eyes”. It is the final check before your document is published and will pick up the errors that are difficult to spot if you are familiar with the content.
Proofreading covers the following:
- Spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Checking that amendments have been made correctly, and have not introduced new errors
- Making sure that a certain style has been followed, eg an in-house style guide
- Ascertaining that all parts of the document have been included and are in the right place.
- Typography: typeface (font) use, line spacing (leading) and paragraph spacing etc
- Image placement: photos, diagrams and tables
- Heading levels
- Captions: are there any missing, and are they consistently placed?
- Consistent use of colour
- What about the page numbering, headers, footers, footnotes, endnotes and table of contents?
How do I work?
I will work in hard copy or on screen (Word, Pages, PDF, InCopy or InDesign) depending upon which is best for your project.
Please contact me for more information or a quotation. Note: I do need to see your document before I can provide an accurate quotation. Confidentiality is assured.